Schwarzwald Idylle, a valley station in Baiersbronn, the name of which means Black Forest idyll, is a hub for many outdoor activities. For the project planners, the challenge was to preserve and integrate the peace, empowerment, wholesome stimuli and rejuvenating power of nature into a building that harmonised with its surroundings visually and materially -- the latter, naturally, biologically safe.
The plan called for a timber build, one almost exclusively insulated by GUTEX woodfibre products. Between the timber studs, 200-mm of GUTEX Thermofibre woodfibre, blown in via flexible hoses, efficiently insulates the cavities. The exterior walls are fit with 60-mm GUTEX Multitherm insulation boards and covered by vented white spruce siding.
- Guiding principle: experiencing nature actively.
- Bright, friendly ceilings thanks to 3-ply spruce panels.
- Improved acoustics in the dining area thanks to perforated ceiling panels
- Solid wood table haptic.
- Walls and counters made from natural wood with natural finish.
- Local dishes made fresh from locally-sourced fresh ingredients and produce.
- GUTEX woodfibre insulation made from wood harvested from the Black Forest.
- Impact on nature kept as minimum as possible.
Would you like to see the construction details? You'll find similar constructions described here.
Conveniently order comprehensive information, including technical data sheets, brochures, workshop schedules, etc.
We gladly pass on our acquired knowledge and experience. Take advantage of this unique opportunity!